Sunday, January 11, 2009

Let's Get Physical......


Ok, so it's been awhile since my last post here, and I'm sure you're all wondering where I've been???? Right...oh well, I'll just imagine you are all filled with curiousity that just can't be contained.

I have been working out!!!! Why, might you ask??? Not because I'm dying to get out of the house, but rather my school district is getting all of it's employees to get fit. Not a bad idea and I was able to find a group of three other people who feel the same way as I do about losing weight.

Here's how it works....we all log in to http://www.livehealthyhouston.org/
and we enter and keep track of our weight on an honor system. Sounds good so far right? Oh, and we also get a free subscription to a magazine of our choice. Not too bad. '

Here's where it gets a little tricky. I'm not used to eating healthy. Never have been....my mother used to bribe me money just to eat fruit (i'm not kidding...it's that bad). So i have these little bad habits of eating junk food...and since I live in texas we have these certain thing here called "texas size"....which means I have a little problem with portion sizes. Not looking so fun right now.

However I do enjoy playing sports. At least I did...before my wife and I had our baby a month ago. I just got back into playing a little bit...with the blessing of my loving wife (mostly because I try to make sure that the house is clean and that the clothes are put away). Not too bad...but now I finding that I'm just breaking even....not really do enough to lose weight. So now I started running again. How fun.....kinda like going to the dentist and hearing that drill going off the whole time. Just like that...

So I'm not too sure how this little deal is going to turn out. I'm still hopeful about it. But I think it's not a good thing when even my wii fit keeps telling me that I'm unfit. Hmmmmmm maybe that bowl of icecream doesn't sound too bad right now. This is going to be a long year.

No comments: