Monday, September 29, 2008

What a surprise about homework!!!!


It turns out that acutally giving homework to kids is not that bad of a thing....that is, ofcourse if the parents can handle it. This article in the washington post, explains how students with an active afterschool life can still handle homework in a structred setting.


Not too much of a shocker, but I'm glad that someone actually went out and did the research on it. I for one would not like to tell any parent, that if they had a more structred household than their student might perform better. No thank you, I'll pass.


This is an interesting article that I found has a lot of valid points. A structred household and a structred classroom will increase the chances of any student being successful. So my only question is where do we go from here? Should there be more parenting classes offered to help with this area? What do you think?


No comments: