Thursday, February 12, 2009

The new style of teaching.....


I'm not sure how I came across the Powerful Learning Practice site but I'm extremely glad that I did. PLP is a professional development model that immerses educators into environments and practices that allow them to learn and own the literacies of 21st Century learning and teaching. Being able to fully understand and utilize this will not only engage and captivate your students but also create a shift in thinking and teaching in you as well.

I can't wait to get cracking on this, and I can already see the benefits from this. How can teachers not get excited about being able to create a format that allows the students to be highly engaged as well as ready for life after school? Being able to not only have our students succeed on assessment but also in their careers, is what we as teachers should all strive for.

In case you are still a little weary of the idea....here's a video of Will Richardson explaining how he has changed his classroom teaching style and how the students and the parents have reacted to it. Very cool stuff.

Please share with me any thoughts or feelings that you have about this post....I love this concept and I hope to find more compelling stuff like this. Enjoy

No comments: